Invention Timeline from 1910 to 1939
- Thomas Edison demonstrated the first talking motion picture.
- Georges Claude displayed the first neon lamp to the public on December 11, 1910, in Paris.
- Motorized movie cameras invented, replaced hand-cranked cameras.
- The first tank patented by Australian inventor De La Mole.
- Clarence Crane created Life Savers candy in 1912.
- Eugene Sullivan and William Taylor co-invented Pyrex in New York City.
- Radio tuners invented, that received different stations.
- Stainless steel invented by Henry Brearly.
- Gideon Sundback patented the modern zipper (not the first zipper).
- The superheterodyne radio circuit invented by Edwin Howard Armstrong. Today, every radio or television set uses this invention.
- Charles Jung invented fortune cookies.
- The pop-up toaster invented by Charles Strite.
- Short-wave radio invented.
- The flip-flop circuit invented.
- The arc welder invented.
- The tommy gun patented by John T Thompson.
- The Band-Aid (pronounced 'ban-'dade) invented by Earle Dickson.
- Artificial life begins -- the first robot built.
- John Larson invented the lie detector.
- The dynamic loudspeaker invented by Rice and Kellogg.
- Notebooks with spiral bindings invented.
- The mechanical television a precursor to the modern television, invented by John Logie Baird.
- Eduard Haas III invents PEZ candy.
- JWA Morrison invents the first quartz crystal watch.
- Philo Taylor Farnsworth invents a complete electronic TV system.
- Technicolor invented.
- Erik Rotheim patents an aerosol can.
- Warren Marrison developed the first quartz clock.
- Philip Drinker invents the iron lung.
- American, Paul Galvin invents the car radio.
- Yo-Yo re-invented as an American fad.
- Scotch tape patented by 3M engineer, Richard G. Drew.
- The frozen food process patented by Clarence Birdseye.
- Wallace Carothers and DuPont Labs invents neoprene.
- The "differential analyzer", or analog computer invented by Vannevar Bush at MIT in Boston.
- Frank Whittle and Dr Hans von Ohain both invent a jet engine.
- Polaroid photography invented by Edwin Herbert Land.
- The zoom lens and the light meter invented.
- Carl C. Magee invents the first parking meter.
- Karl Jansky invents the radio telescope.
- Bell Labs invents the voice recognition machine.
- Samuel Colt patents the Colt revolver.
- The ballpoint pen invented by Ladislo Biro.
- Strobe lighting invented.
- LSD was synthesized on November 16, 1938 by Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann of Sandoz Laboratories.
- Roy J. Plunkett invented tetrafluoroethylene polymers or Teflon.
- Nescafe or freeze-dried coffee invented. [liThe first working turboprop engine.